- Processing your personal data
- Will my personal data be shared with others or transferred to countries
- outside the EEA?
- How is my personal data secured?
- How long will we store your personal data?
- What are my rights under applicable data protection laws?
- Questions and queries
In our capacity of a data controller (meaning that we determine how and why your personal data is processed) we are responsible for the processing of personal data of you as an applicant (referred to as “you/r” unless the context provides for a different interpretation) carried out in connection with your application to work with us.
Processing your personal data
How and why do we process your personal data?
Our routines for processing personal data have been construed with the purpose of minimizing the amount of personal data being processed at any time.
The personal data we collect from you or through our systems help us managing your application, but also to comply with our legal obligations or for the conduct of our business. The personal data we collect, the basis of processing and the purposes of processing are detailed below. Sometimes, these activities are carried out by third parties, including other members of our group of companies.Personal data
Basis of processing
- Personnel administration data; name, photo, private contact details, gender, marital status, date of birth, data on education, professional experiences and qualifications, social security ID, certificates and diplomas, correspondence, union membership (when required by law only)
Purpose of Processing
- It is necessary for the handling your application, to take steps for entering into a contract with you or to achieve our legitimate interests (see next column).
- This is required to enable us to administer your application, the set-up of an electronic personnel file. It is voluntarily for you to provide us with a photo of yourself.
Where do we obtain your personal data from?
Most of the personal data we process is obtained from you when you apply to join us, but we also obtain personal data about you in employment applications and vetting, performance appraisals or general correspondence, or by using a third-party source such as Facebook or LinkedIn. For other data types, we may obtain it as a result of you being on our premises or using our systems (for example, CCTV footage or IT usage information)..
In some circumstances, we may request your explicit consent to process (specific types of) personal data. In these circumstances, you can withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions provided when you gave consent or at the contact details under Questions and queries below.
Will my personal data be shared with others or transferred to countries outside the EEA?
We will only share your personal data in certain circumstances and where lawful to do so. We may
share your personal data with the following third parties and for the following purposes.
Group companies, For the purposes of handling your application, complying with legal obligations, otherwise administrate the relationship and providing the group with information. Access rights between members of our company group are limited and granted only on a need to know basis, depending on job functions and roles. In addition, your business contact details, photograph, and other information that you make available on our group joint systems may be available across our company group.
Service providers, We may use third party service providers who provide services such as hosting or “Software as a Service”. In providing the services, your personal data will, where applicable, be processed by the service provider on our behalf. We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your data. We will have written contracts with them which provide assurances regarding the protections that they will give to your data and their compliance with our data security standards and international transfer restrictions. Your personal data may be processed by third party service providers for us to fulfil our obligations towards you or our legal obligations.
Third parties, Including administrative authorities (tax or social security authorities), financial institutions, insurances, police and public prosecutors as well as external advisors. For the purposes of handling your application, complying with legal obligations and otherwise to administrate our relationship.
Buyers and potential buyers when divesting parts of Natural Cycles. For the purposes of complying with legal obligations by providing such buyers with accurate and complete information on Natural Cycles.
We may also transfer your personal data we process to a country outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”), for example, when one of our service providers use staff or equipment based outside the EEA or when one of our group companies is based outside of the EEA. We have put in place adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of your privacy, fundamental rights and freedoms, and the exercise of your rights, e.g. we establish an adequate level of data protection through EU Standard Contractual Clauses based on the EU commission’s model clauses. If you would like to see a copy of any relevant provisions, please contact us as set out in Questions and queries below.
How is my personal data secured?
We operate state of IT security systems to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data. We have in particular taken appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data. Access is only granted on a need-to-know basis to those people whose roles require them to process your personal data.
How long will we store your personal data?
Your personal data will only be stored for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected (see above) and in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations. This may mean that some information is held for longer than other information. If you would like further information about our data retention practices, please refer to our Data Retention Policy.
What are my rights under applicable data protection laws?Right of access
You have various rights which you can enforce, including the right to be informed in accordance with this Information. Please find below descriptions of your rights.
Right of data portability
- Subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to have access to your Personal data which we hold (this is more commonly known as submitting a “data subject access request”).
- Requests for such information should be made in writing to email@example.com. If possible, you should specify the type of information you would like to see to ensure that our disclosure is meeting your expectations.
- We must be able to verify your identity. Your request may not affect the rights and freedoms of others, e.g. privacy and confidentiality rights of other staff.
Rights in relation to inaccurate personal or incomplete data
- Subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to receive the data which you have provided to us and which is processed by us by automated means, in a commonly-used machine readable format.
- Requests should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, you should specify the type of information you would like to receive to ensure that our disclosure is meeting your expectations.
- The GDPR does not establish a general right to data portability. This right only applies if the processing is based on your consent or on our contract with you and when the processing is carried out by automated means (e.g. not for paper records). It affects only personal data that was “provided” by you. Hence, it does, as a rule, not apply to personal data that was created by Natural Cycles.
Right to object to or restrict our data processing
- You may challenge the accuracy or completeness of personal data which we process about you. If it is found that personal data is inaccurate, you are entitled to have the inaccurate data removed, corrected or completed, as appropriate.
- We encourage you to notify us of any changes regarding your personal data as soon as they occur, including changes to your contact details, telephone number, immigration status. Please always check first whether self-help tools are available. If no such tools are available, requests should be made in writing to email@example.com.
- This right only applies to your own personal data. When exercising this right, please be as specific as possible.
- Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to object to or ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Requests should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This right applies only if the processing of your personal data is explicitly based on our so-called “legitimate interests” (see “basis of processing” above). Objections must be based on grounds relating to your particular situation. They must not be generic so that we can demonstrate that there are still lawful grounds for us to process your personal data.
Right to have personal data erased
Right to withdrawal
- Subject to certain conditions, you are entitled, on certain grounds, to have your personal data erased (also known as the “right to be forgotten”), e.g. where you think that the information we are processing is inaccurate, or the processing is unlawful
- Requests should be made in writing to email@example.com.
- There are various lawful reasons why we may not be in a position to erase your personal data. This may apply (i) where we have to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) in case of exercising or defending legal claims, or (iii) where retention periods apply by law or our statutes
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent.
- Requests should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you withdraw your consent, this will only take effect for the future
For questions and queries please contact us as set out in Questions and queries below.
Questions and queries